An ingrown toenail can happen more easily than you think. It is often annoying, even painful, and difficult to treat. And if you also hate ingrown toenails, the nail supply expert Maryton will show you different tips to never suffer from them again!
The main cause of ingrown toenails is wearing closed shoes which will compress our little feet and our nails. When the nail begins to grow into your skin, this can result in swelling, redness, or even the appearance of pus if it is not treated in time. But do not panic! If you follow our advice, those nasty ingrown toenails will be nothing more than a bad memory.
First tip: cut your toenails carefully
It is essential to maintain good foot hygiene if you want to avoid this inconvenience.
– Choose nail scissors rather than nail clippers, you will have more precision in your actions.
– Don’t forget to disinfect your scissors before using them.
– Cut the nails straight, leaving the nail protruding slightly on each side so as not to risk your nail growing into your skin.
Second tip: don’t wear shoes that are too tight
Above all, avoid shoes that compress the tips of your feet.
– In summer, or whenever it’s hot, choose open shoes that let your feet breathe in the fresh air.
– Never skip wearing socks daily to maintain good foot hygiene.
Third tip: if your ingrown toenail is infected, go see a specialist
This advice is even more important for people suffering from diabetes or elderly people with circulation problems. We therefore advise you to pay a quick visit to your podiatrist approximately twice a year to check that everything is normal.
So! you now know what to do to avoid having an ingrown toenail as much as possible! Hoping that this article has pleased you and will give you ideas! In addition, I also advise you to invest in some professional manicure and pedicure sets to care for nails.